Date:      20 Apr 1997 13:47:46 +0900
From:      Choi Jun Ho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/3333: new port of korean/fvwm95

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/3333; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
>  > >Synopsis:       new port request of korea/fvwm95
>
>  Hmmm.  You're not planning on reduplicating the entire ports
>  hierarchy under ports/korea, are you? :-)
>
>  Just curious - what specifically was done to fvwm95 in this case to
>  "koreanize" it?  It seems a shame that we can't simply take a single
>  port (like this one) and make it more I18N aware rather than having n
>  copies of it under each language subdirectory, don't you think?

We are currently thinking of l10n and i18n... but, in case of fvwm95
and fvwm-2, there is some point that cannot resolve in traditional X11
i18n method(using johab fonts, etc.). I know many japanese ports,
doing i18n of {afterstep,fvwm2}, and I agree that must be our
future. Don't worry, remaining port like this will be few...(and I
have no plan)

>  This isn't a big point, please don't get me wrong, I'm just curious,
>  mostly.

I know. I just want to port everything we made.

--
Judgement Uninfected Naked Kind & Executive Ranger    - J U N K E R