Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:01:42 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Number 9 PC Revolution Card and SGI 1600SW

--KqBSqvdnnccM6+Kg

On Sunday, 29 February 2004 at 19:16:46 -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 29 February 2004 at 18:44:28 -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone have a working X config for the Number 9 PC Revolution IV
>>> card along with the SGI 1600SW Monitor (flatpanel).
>>>
>>> I've given up trying to tweak it.   This is on FreeBSD-5.2.1... the
>>> stock monitor database is rather minimal.
>>>

>> Monitors are usually not an issue.  What problems are you having?
>>
>> When replying to this message, please copy the original recipients.
>> If you don't, I may ignore the reply or reply to the original
>> recipients.
>
> Well, from the tech specs on SGI.com, I was only able to obtain 2
> figures, not a "range" as it expects.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.  Can you explain?

> But I selected the default VGA driver, just to get going and it
> fails to load X (no screens available).

There are more specific error messages than that.  If you can't
decipher them, show the last few lines of the /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

Greg
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key.

--KqBSqvdnnccM6+Kg