Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:40:26 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Stanislav Antic <lists.stanislav.antic@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Empathy, google talk and problem with low mic

--=-2SumBLwVKY9c6uLWbd6m

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 12:49 +0200, Stanislav Antic wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 7.2 AMD64, with upgraded gnome 2.26.2. Even with
> older one (2.26.0) there was the same problem. With mixer I putted all
> on 100% but it still doesn't work. I'm able to hear others via google
> talk on empathy, but they don't hear me. They hear me but it is very
> quiet and sound is distorted. I'm using hda driver on intel p35
> motherboard with ICH9 south bridge.
>=20
> My first thought that something with pulseaudio is wrong, I dont know
> if this is the problem, but anyway I didn't have any success in trying
> to run it, message is next:
> $ pulseaudio
> I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
> W: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but not
> allowed by policy.
> E: module.c: Failed to open module "module-oss-mmap": Shared object
> "module-oss-mmap.so" not found, required by "pulseaudio"
> E: main.c: Module load failed.
> E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
>=20
> I tried to search on mailing list and google, but with no success. If
> I missed something be welcome to point me in right direction.

First, make sure pulseaudio is installed from ports.  The package
version had a bug in it.  Next, try opening gnome-volume-control, and
make sure the input level is jacked all the way up.

Beyond that, I don't have any advice.  I'm not using Google Talk, nor
any other sound input/recording software.

Joe

--=20

--=-2SumBLwVKY9c6uLWbd6m

--=-2SumBLwVKY9c6uLWbd6m--