Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 04:34:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/1934: New port: Virtual GameBoy

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <199610311127.DAA19971@freefall.freebsd.org>
> Nakai@Mlab.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp writes:
> : >Synopsis:       New port: Virtual GameBoy
>
> I think we may want to give this one a miss.

Reading pkg/DESCR, it seems like the package is fine.  This is, of course,
the thing where you're allowed to make backup copies of software
(copyPROTECTED or not) for your own personal use.  If I remember
correctly, this means that someone can't say "You are not allowed to make
backup copies of this software for your own personal use" in the
license....

As an aside...  Hmm...  MS gives MSIExp away for free.  The license, if
you read it, says that you are only allowed to use it if you actually own
a MS operating system or product, though.  I wonder how enforcable that
is?

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk