Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:54:47 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB wireless AP?

--------------enigB9DEE65892A2EA953EB4ABAC

Hi,

I'm planning to set up an AP by adding an USB wifi card to a 7.0-RELEASE =

machine, and I'm interested in a couple of things:

- First, hardware compatibility - AFAIK only some cards support AP mode? =

Can anyone recommend such USB wireless hardware, preferably in terms of=20
product names instead of chip names? I see the following cards in a=20
local store: BANDRIDGE CWN4002G, CANYON WF-518D, CANYON WF-518, LINKSYS=20
WUSB54GC.

- Are there any tips & tricks additional to the instructions on=20
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-wireless.html ?