Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:43:52 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Alex Dyas <adyas@twowaytv.co.uk>
Cc:        shanon loveridge <shanon_loveridge@yahoo.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Wrapper

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:36:01AM +0000, Alex Dyas wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, shanon loveridge wrote:
> > OK people I have just installed XFree 4.0.2 from the
> > ports and configued it.
> >
> > I then went to instll the wrapper for startx and
> > I got the msg
> > wrapper 1.0_1 is forbidden : This port is for
> > XFree86-4
> >
> > I check to see that I deffinatly installed v4 by
> >
> > pkg_info -I 'XFree*'
> >
> > and it confirmed that I had installed version 4.
> >
> > any ideas?
> >
> > thanks heaps
> >
> > Shanon
>
> I got the same thing yesterday.  Not sure what the problem is but I got
> round it by editing the wrapper Makefile and deleting the lines associated
> with the version test.  Works fine now.
>
> alex..

See the following fragment of /etc/defaults/make.conf:

#
# By default, the ports collection attempts to use XFree86 3.3.X.  If
# you are running XFree86 4.X, uncomment this line.
#
#XFREE86_VERSION=       4
#

So, you need to put a line like

XFREE86_VERSION=	4

in your /etc/make.conf (you can create this file if it doesn't exist).
In /etc/defaults/make.conf there are lots of other settings which might
be nice.

--Stijn

--
Tact, n.:
	The unsaid part of what you're thinking.