Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 04:09:47 +0100
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Patrick Cable II <freebsd@slaudiovis.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd&Re: Backup Solutions

Dear/Beste Patrick,

Saturday, December 28, 2002, 4:37:26 PM, you wrote:

> Hello all,

>     What do you use for a backup solution for your freebsd server?

>     I've got a server running mail and web that I would like to back up
> on a  regular basis. Some of the ideas ive heard:

>         o Buy a second server, and rsync the two
>         o Tape backup (Whats a good freebsd friendly drive?)
>         o DVD-RAM (Is it even supported in FreeBSD?)
>         o USB hard drive

By a second disk. A RAID solution would keep them in sync every
second.

I let the machine make a zip file during the night. (You can block off
services to be sure no changes happen during the backup.) Because of
idprio/nice you can still work it can still work on it. (make install
or so)

>     What works for you? More importantly: Am i sending this to
> the wrong list? And if so, could you point me in the right
> direction?

I would send this to the questions list. I adjusted the message
accordingly.

--
Best regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Alex