Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:37:49 +0100
From:      "Jim Hatfield" <freebsd-questions-local@insignia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   socket failure: (55) No buffer space available

I'm running a mid-Feb 4.2-STABLE system as a transparent
Web proxy implemented with Squid. All has been fine until
this morning when I started getting the above error messages.

I presume this is a socket() call returning ENOBUFS.

My question is, is there a sysctl variable or netstat option
which I can use to monitor the available buffer space, and
send me a warning when it starts getting low?

Jim Hatfield