Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 11:12:04 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster Live! value and NVIDIA Riva TNT2 ultra (diamondviper  v770d ultra)

Joe Park wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there way to configure FreeBSD to take advantage of SoundBlaster Live
> (not generic soundblaster drive) and NVIDIA Riva TNT2 ultra? I know it
> supports riva tnt2 but is there way to change clock speed to "ultra"
> setting or even overclocking it?  How about 3D accelerations?  Is there
> anyway to confirm how many video memory is probed?  I could specify only
> upto 16meg.

AFAIK Live! is not yet supported in -Stable, but I think it might be in
-Current, or at least there are plans to. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Video support is an X question. But yes XFree86 3.3.5 with a few modifications
supports the V770. Look at
http://www.freebsdzine.org/199907/features/tnt.html
Also look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1296108+1298449+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-questions/19990919.freebsd-questions

since some changes are needed in some cases.

-Brandon

--
bfoz@glue.umd.edu
"Lead, follow, or get run over"