Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:21:02 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, questions@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with ccdconfig on 2.2

> * Thanks alot. Now I just need to figure out what interleave values to use.
>
>man 4 ccd? :)
>Satoshi

I have RTFM'ed :)  Doesn't mean I am unconfused though :-/

The problems I run into are:

in the man page it talks about ther being a difference between striping
for reads versus writes. I dont see this being possible when I look
at ccdconfig.

Also the way sysinstall configured my disk they only have one track.
I dont think I want my interleave factor to be 4 million blocks.

So far I have been doing different interleaves and then running
iozone to see which it likes best.

Thanks,

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com