Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:36:44 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   can Apache_FP run without a real domain web address?

I installed apache13-fp today from ports.
during first reboot I got this msg.
'could not determine the servers fully qualified domain name,
using 127.0.0.1 for server name. Apache not started.'

I do not have a real domain name so in hosts file I added the
(www domain com) I told apache to use to the IP address of
my Nic card. Then rebooted and got a new msg.
"local package init: /usr/local/sbin/ apachectl start_FP:
httpd could not be started".

I don't know if this is still related to the original problem so
I am asking can Apache_FP run without a real public domain web address?