Date:      Wed, 25 May 2016 16:19:55 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Christian Baer <christian.baer@informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox still without sound

El día Wednesday, May 25, 2016 a las 04:12:25PM +0200, Christian Baer escribió:

> On Wed, 25 May 2016 07:51:26 -0600 (MDT)
> Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
>
> > It's working here on 10-stable.  I have always enabled the ALSA
> > option and disabled PULSEAUDIO, which might have something to do with
> > it.
>
> Using FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p3 amd64 here.
>
> However, I am not currently tracking the STABLE branch, nor did I
> install Firebox (or anything else for that matter) via the ports. I
> guess I got lazy. :-) Compiling things like Firefox takes forever (even
> on a relatively fast machine) and installs a truckload of libs that are
> only required at compile time (und thus can be removed after that).
>
> Is the choice between ALSA and PULSE one that can be made at runtime (I
> have not found it yet) or is it one that must be made before compiling?

(I have sent this to the list, but it does not made it through)

I have installed all ports from r414411 (1st of May 2016), which
brings firefox-46.0_2,1. Sound is fine at least with YT and HTML5.
Do you have pulseaudio installed? If so, read through
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2016-April/016823.html
This must be configured correctly or just removed.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail