Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:48:55 -0600
From:      CHUNG BIN <cbchai@pl.jaring.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is this a bug

Dear FreeBSD Org,

    Currently using FreeBSD 3.0R RELEASE.Would like to inquire if this
is a bug. Telnet into the system from a Windows95/98 system, invoke
editor "ee" that comes with FreeBSD, then terminate the telnet session
without escaping or exitting ee and logout. Found out that the ee
process would not be terminted, instead the CPU consumption for ee
increase exponentially from  few percent to 99.9% causing the CPU to get
overheat of extreme load.
     The telnet session could be terminated either intentionally or not.
If not intentionnally, it might be that a sudden electricity black out
occur, or that the user unintentionally terminated the session, just
like what a user of my FreeBSD powered system did.If it is intentioned,
I suppose this bug could pose a threat to the system in that it can be
used as a DOS, overheating the CPU and bring the system down.
     Hope ya can confirm this condition.

May all be well and happy
Chung Bin