Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:40:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Lyons <klyons@corserv.corserv.com>
To:        giffunip@asme.org, klyons@corserv.corserv.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDi acquisition of Telenet

> What BSDi is clearly trying to do is to broaden their revenue sources.
> The relation with other hardware distributors will continue as always: I
> haven't heard any Linux distributor complain about VA Linux.
>
> IMHO, you are being an alarmist. Many companies are, in theory, making
> money out of free software, BSDi is taking some part of the cake while
> it can, and I think that's good.

The analogy is not the same.  The comparison would be if VA had its own
brand of Linux and wanted Dell or someone else to ship them hardware
to test their brand of Linux.

Most things occur for a reason.  A thinking man is compelled to gather
facts and evaluate outcomes so I do not think it is alarmist to ask these
kinds of questions.