Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:58:17 +0100
From:      David Rio <drio@perpels.com>
To:        Zachariah P Garner <zach@neurosoft.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Wireless Network Adapter

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:10:25PM -0600, Zachariah P Garner wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any USB Wireless network adapters that are
> supported under FreeBSD? (I'm running 5.0)

I think it will be difficult that you find such USB driver, bear in mind
that this kind of devices are not compliant with any type of "usb class"
and they use propietary protocols.

> I have read the map pages for wi, but they only list PCMCIA cards. I know
> that many companies have a PCI version of the pcmcia card.

Well you can pick up a PCMCIA-PCI adapter.

> Are there particular manufacturers that I should purchase from or avoid?

There is a manufactures' tendency to use particular chipset which make difficult
to develope new drivers beacuse they don't provide the necesary documentation.