Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 19:36:14 +0530
From:      "Parag Dabke" <paragdabke@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP echo problem

Hi All,

I am new to FreeBSD. I am trying to connect to my ISP using PicoBSD
(http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html) Dialup version 0.41. It
uses FreeBSD 3.0 and PPP version 2.0.

Problem I have is that after I type 'term', PPP is not echoing whatever I
type.

Following are steps which I follow.

-------- This part is visible --------------
root# ppp
pppON Parag>set device /dev/cuaa0 (my modem is on COM1)
pppON Parag>set speed 38400
pppON Parag>set openmode active
pppON Parag>set log local phase command connect ...
pppON Parag>term
Working in interactive mode
Entering terminal mode
Type ~? for help
-------- This part is invisible ---------------
AT
atdt4404444

After getting into 'term' mode if I type 'atdt4404444' then I can hear that
it is dialing and is getting connected. But I am not able to enter login
name and password because PPP is not displaying anything. I am not able to
understand what happens after PPP dials ISP number.

I tried to search for this in mailing list archives using PPP as a key word
but I get 0 search results.

Can someone solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Parag