Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:04:19 -0800
From:      "Remington" <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Q: make world

Ok im having some problems with with make world. Im upgradeing from
4.4-RELEASE to 4.5-STABLE. I cvsupped 4.5 and began with the following
Commands(first checked to make sure my /etc/group had the proper groups
from /usr/src/etc/group)
#cd /usr/src ; make buildworld
Recompiled my custom kernel, only added "device pcm"
#cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/ ; /usr/sbin/config build2
#cd ../../compile/build2
#make depend ; make ; make install
#shutdown -r now
Everything went smoothly in compiling the kernel
#cd /usr/src ; make installworld
Everything went fine, then I tried updating my /etc using mergemaster:
#mergemaster -m /usr/src/etc -D /etc
Redid my /dev
#cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV /dev
#cd /dev ; sh MAKEDEV all
#shutdown -r now

   OK now I have a massive amount of problems. First I have defined in
my /etc/rc.conf: "allscreens_flags="80x50 -c blink". It no longer
changes my resolution on startup. I tried issueing #vidcontrol 80x50 but
it spits out an error
   My mouse isnt working in the console. I have "moused_enable="YES"
defined in my rc.conf but no mouse.
   I presume its something I did in mergemaster. Can anyone offer me any
help? Id give alittle more detail but I deleted FBSD and I plan on doing
the hole make process later tonight

Windows, not worth the CD its burned on.
-Remington