Date:      	Wed, 12 Apr 1995 00:28:05 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ASUS www mirror

You say:
> Hmmmmmm.  Still, 64K is 64K and if you've got same-CO connectivity for
> ISDN it becomes economically reasonable..
>
> Please, how much and where can I buy them? :-)

Boy, it sure sounds good to me, and I could even buy one for my
provider out of my own pocket and still come up hundreds of
dollars less than buying an Ascend Pipeline 50 HX.  I'm even
in the same CO as my provider, if they'd only get ISDN.

But it occurs to me to wonder:  1) I must have missed something
but aside from getting 64K instead of 56K, why are we limited to
the same CO?  And, more pointedly, 2) Isn't 64K going into a
serial port, even one fitted out with a 16550, an immense load
on the machine compared to running even a cheap Ethernet card
into a Pipeline box?

Mike O'Brien