Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:36:23 -0500
From:      "Brian Black" <bblack304@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing newbe

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C07CC6.904E6700

I had question I want to install freebsd 4.0 on my computer so I =
purchased Partition Magic 5.0.  Now my question is I currently have a C: =
drive which is my hard drive a D: drive which is a system save and an E: =
drive which is my cd rom drive  the total hard drive space I have is =
15gb and so far it is divided up something like 4gb for the D:drive and =
the remainder in the C: drive. I took C:down by 4gb and created a Linux =
and a Linux swap, I had no problems doing this and it shows up as a =
Linux partition on the Partition Magic main screen, but when I look at =
my hard drive thru fdisk the Linux space I created for the Unix OS is =
under the Extended Partition.  Is this correctly done.  if so where =
should I go from here, should I install any files  for running the Unix =
OS in the windows partition  and if not what is my problem, and is there =
any info on doing this in a little easier terms than the 800 page manual =
that comes with the OS.

Any response greatly appreciated.
                                     =20
                                   Brian

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C07CC6.904E6700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I had question I want =
to install=20
freebsd 4.0 on my computer so I purchased Partition Magic 5.0.&nbsp; Now =
my=20
question is I currently have a C: drive which is my hard drive a D: =
drive which=20
is a system save and an E: drive which is my cd rom drive&nbsp; the =
total hard=20
drive space I have is 15gb and so far it is divided up something like =
4gb for=20
the D:drive and the remainder in the C: drive. I took C:down by 4gb and =
created=20
a Linux and a Linux swap, I had no problems doing this and it shows up =
as a=20
Linux partition on the Partition Magic main screen, but when I look at =
my hard=20
drive thru fdisk the Linux space I created for the Unix OS is under the =
Extended=20
Partition.&nbsp; Is this correctly done.&nbsp; if so where should I go =
from=20
here, should I install any files&nbsp; for running the Unix OS in the =
windows=20
partition&nbsp; and if not what is my problem, and is there any info on =
doing=20
this in a little easier terms than the 800 page manual that comes with =
the=20
OS.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Any response greatly=20
appreciated.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Brian</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C07CC6.904E6700--