Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 05:29:51 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernels, panics & the debugger

Can I suggest yet another flag to be put in the kernel? It seems to
me that you could want a situation where you want to be able to get
into the debugger (for machine lock-ups), but you want the machine to
panic cleanly when you aren't there and leave a core dump instead.

My proposal: a flag which allows <CTRL>-<ALT>-<ESC> to still drop you
             into the debugger, but which doesn't call the debugger
             for kernel panic's.

Comments?

Gary