Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:26:26 -0400
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   anonymous ftp file settings

I am running an anonymous ftp site, and in the /etc directory (actually the
/var/ftp/etc directory), there are 4 files, ftpmotd, group, passwd, and
pwd.db.  These files are viewable by all users, and it appears to me that
there may be a security risk here.  Can I delete group, passwd, and pwd.db
without breaking anything, or more appropriately, what is the best way to
handle this situation.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

cpeters2@home.com