Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:28:42 +0100
From:      Uwe Doering <gemini@geminix.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql can't finf shared library

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	After upgrading to the latest mysql323-client and reinstalling
> 	my root password, here is what happens:
>
> mysqladmin -u root password 'fooobar1234'
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.10" not found
> root@tao:/etc# locate libmysql
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
> /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
>
> 	Anybody know what's going on here?  Is this a known bug?

Well, at least up to MySQL 3.23.58 a startup script
'000.mysql-client.sh' gets installed under '/usr/local/etc/rc.d' which
runs this command at boot time:

   /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql

This is supposed to ensure that the system automatically knows where to
look for the MySQL client libs.  It worked for me out of the box.  Did
you delete this script, or is there any other reason why scripts under
'/usr/local/etc/rc.d' don't get executed on your system?

    Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
gemini@geminix.org  |  http://www.escapebox.net