Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:52:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sean Reilly <sreilly@seanreilly.com>
To:        Jeff Dalton <jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Swing with Java and Netscape

You can get it at http://freebsd.org/java/

>  And can I then just get Swing from Sun
> and use that?

Yes, since swing has no native code.

> Also, I don't know what (if anything) I'll have to do to get
> Netscape 4.6 to handle swing.

Shouldn't have to do anything, although having the swingall.jar file in
your classpath will probably really speed up download times for applets
that use swing.  Running swing applets isn't very efficient at this point
since none of the browsers that I know of support java 1.2 yet.

Thanks,
Sean