Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:29:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Julian Peterson <weaver@earthcorp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: tcsh [TAB] ; man someth-[TAB]? [julian]

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Julian Peterson wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 8:02 pm, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> > Is it possible under tcsh (or any shell) to configure the "man" command line command so that the user can type:
> > prompt$ man shutd[TAB]
> > And have the shell display commands either in ones ${PATH} statement or that have manpages on the system?  Shweetniss.
> Yes. add to your .tcshrc file: complete man 'p/*/c/'
> It's documented in the tcsh(1) man page FYI.
> Regards, Julian Peterson.

*swoon*  *falls in LOVE all over again with tcsh*  Thanks for the tip!

> Metermaids eat their young.

Oh come on now, they aren't all that bad (I didn't say anything about some,
though).  They're just doing the job they are paid to do.  By the way, to
be politically correct, you ought to say "Meter Attendants," just as
firemen are really firefighters and the mailman is really a letter-carrier.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder