Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 00:47:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

In Email, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:

> If you've achieved nothing else, you've definitely made the point to
> me that we've got a serious image problem with -current these days,
> namely that it's entirely *too* visible.  -current was truly never

That's because you called it -current instead of something like
-experimental....  "current" is a word usually associated with generally
good things...  "current" technology, "current" affairs...  The "current"
version of most commercial software is the last version _released_, not the
version being developed.  -experimental, or -develop is a much more apt
description.

It's semantics at its worst.

tIM...HOEk
The opinions expressed above are mine,