Date:      16 Aug 2002 11:09:46 -0700
From:      "Dennis B." <dcswest@flashmail.com>
To:        barbish@a1poweruser.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: kernel PPP with external serial modem

Thanks for your reply!

Tried user PPP too, which I originally avoided because I thought I heard
it was less efficient, but couldn't get it to work either with only a
different error message about some "default already exists."

Definitely not using a WinModem either, but rather the Zoom 3049
external modem that your article even seems to recommend...