Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:52:55 +0200
From:      carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions about jails on FreeBSD9.0-RC1

Hi all,

  I have installed one FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 host to run different services
(dns, smtp and www only) using jails. This host has two physical nics:
em0 and em1. em0 is assigned to pyhiscal host, and I would like to
assign em1 to jails. But em0 and em1 are on different networks: em0 is
on 192.168.1.0/24 and em1 in 192.168.2.0/29.

  I have setup one jail using ezjail. My first surprise is that ezjail
only installs -RELEASE versions and not RC versions. Ok, I supouse that
it is normal. But my first question is: can I install a FreeBSD 8.2 jail
under a FreeBSD 9.0 host??

  And the real question: How do I need to configure network under this
jail to access it? I have configured ifconfig param for em1 on host's
rc.conf, but what about the default route under this jail?? I thought to
use pf rules, but I am not sure.

Thanks.
--
CL Martinez