Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:09:43 -0400
From:      Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>
To:        Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
Cc:        Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mail/roundcube (bsd.php.mk broken?)

On 2016-03-23 05:56 PM, Guido Falsi wrote:
> On 03/23/16 22:26, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am getting the following errors trying to update roundcube, this is
>> on
>> FreeBSD 9, using default version of php (5.4). I've tried adding
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=php=5.4 to make.conf but that did not make
>> difference.
>> Any ideas?
>
> Are you tracking the head of the ports tree or the 2016Q1 branch? I'm
> guessing you're with ports head.
>
> In head the default php version is 5.6 and version 5.4 has been removed
> because it has reached EOL on September 3rd, 2015.
>
> you could also use php 5.5, but it will EOL in July, so, if you're
> tracking the head of the ports tree, I'd suggest you try again using
> php
> 5.6.
>
> If you're tracking 2016Q1 it should work, and I don't really know
> what's
> happening.

I am using portsnap to keep my ports tree up to date, i wasn't aware you
can choose different branches with it, so whatever is the default there
is what i have. Sure enough after checking, 5.4 has disappeared from my
ports tree. I guess i can try upgrading to 5.5 and hope that my
applications are compatible with it. Sigh, FreeBSD has become a PITA
lately to maintain unless everything installed is bleeding edge. In any
case, thanks for the help.