Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:20:50 -0400
From:      Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd x.org problem with amd64 and linux emulation

Hi all,

Forgive the cross-post... the problem seemed quite applicable to
both. I recently received a new Dell OptiPlex 390, and decided to put
FreeBSD amd64 on it. Everything's working ok, as it is a work computer
and the fact that I have no 2d or 3d acceleration doesn't matter.

I've run into an odd problem though. When I try to start up acroread9,
It complains that it can't open DISPLAY :0. If I set the DISPLAY
environment variable to localhost:0, it opens just fine. I installed linux-
firefox and it displayed the same behaviour.

My i386 box does not have this problem. DISPLAY is set to :0 and
acroread opens just fine.

Any ideas? Or am I just going to have to set up my .kde4/env directory
to set DISPLAY to localhost:0?

I'm running a recent (Sept 28th) 8-STABLE amd64 with an up to date
ports tree.

I would appreciate a cc as I am not subscribed to either of these lists.

Cheers,
DMK