Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tbaird@lsv-is.lifescan-can.com (Tim Baird)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Downloading FreeBSD onto an NT platform

The file system that data is stored on is not a issue - most of the time.
The fact that you are saving these files onto a non-BSD system is usually
meaningless unless the filenames have been truncated/case changed (DOS loves
to do this) or additional dots are changed to under-scores...eg.
foo.blah.hooey.tar.gz ---> foo_blah_hooey_tar_gz .  Other problems arrise if
there are certain characters that are valid for filename descriptors in one
system that are reserved in the other.