Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:40:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPX routing?

> > All clients using Novell supplied "remote reset" (NetWare based
> > remote boot protocol to boot from NetWare servers) are hard-coded
> > as 802.3 clients.
>
> Oh.  That sinks that idea; we were trying to "remote reset" clients
> across the router too.  Booger.
>
> > Yes, you can get 3rd party ROM's, but that's an additional expense.

So you are using Novell supplied ROMs, apparently.

> Hmm.  How about getting the Netware server to gateway DHCP requests?

I think you mean "bridge", not "gateway".  You can do this, but
at the expense of losing most of your IP router functionality.
DHCP and ICMP are discussed in the same section of the Novell
manual for the TCP/IP stack (at least they were).

If you need more help, I'm probably not going to be too helpful;
I don't have a NetWare server I can poke at right now.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.