Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:23:14 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbies Showcase - send your URLs!

I'll be updating the newbies project page next week
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html
In the few months that this page has been going, there has been little
response to the invitation to criticise, so I guess all newbies are
blissfully happy with whatever I've done to it.

There's a bit too much stuff for a single page already and we need
somewhere to showcase the various examples of work in progress by
newbies - web sites, documentation and so on - so that other newbies
can support them, contribute to them, or steal ideas from them.

What I'm planning is a separate web page, which explains that
they're not finished work but opportunities to watch work in progress
and maybe collaborate with other newbies. Of course this puts the
spotlighted workers under some pressure to keep on working :-) I can
host the extra page here while we decide if it's suitable for the
FreeBSD site. http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/hard-yakka.html

OK you newbies who are sweating tirelessly out there, come up for air
for a sec. Does this sound like the approach you'd like to see or have
I got it all wrong? Has anyone got any other ideas?

Send me your URLs and a sentence or two describing what it is about.
Documentation? Advocacy? A web page proposing something you'd like to
work on with other newbies? If it's not safely free of errors and
finished enough to be useful, say so and I can hang on to the info for
the next update, probably a month later, and mention that it's coming.
If you don't have a URL for what you're doing, just give me a
description and your email address for fan mail.

Malartre, are you gonna start the ball rolling or have you disappeared
for the holidays?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-