Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:36:55 +0000
From:      Matt H <freebsd-questions@cuntbubble.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filtering URL

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:31:54 +0600
"Roman Zabolotnikov"

>  Hi. You can easy filter any URL with squid proxy-server. You're need
>  only write something like this
> ___________
> acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/porn.txt"
> http_access deny porn
> ___________
>
> And write URLs you're need to filter in file
> /usr/local/squid/etc/porn.txt

sorry to be too lazy to find out all by myself but is there a knownn way
of re-writing the outgoing uri requests with squid (or any other
mechanism)

Currently I use /etc/hosts to not just block but replace ads so that
instead of banner ads I get pretty pictures

of course it's a pain sometimes to re-create folder hierarchies and the
like, I know I could use scripts on the webserver (ads are different
sizes) but I would really prefer to modify outgoing URI requests via one
machine on the lan (so my fellow incumbants and their windows can have the
pretty pictures too)

tia

matt