Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:40:38 +0800
From:      francisv@dagupan.com
To:        debolaz@debolaz.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Linux compatibility inside jail system

I'll try it out later. Thanks Anders!

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Nor Berle [mailto:debolaz@debolaz.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:52 AM
To: francisv@dagupan.com
Cc: freebsd-isp@freebsd.org

Yes, when you say that, I recall a little hack is neccesary.
Basically, the port wants to do 2 things which cannot be done inside a jail.

(1) Set the sysctl "kern.fallback_elf_brand" to 3 (LINUX_ELF)
(2) Make a a /dev/null device inside the linux chrooted environment.

The first is obvious to accomplish, simply set it outside the jail. Sysctls
are global.
So to do this, you'd simply write: sysctl -w kern.fallback_elf_brand=3
Then, you comment out this code in the linux_base-7 Makefile, which I
believe is located
at line 136 and 150.

The second is slightly more tricky, but shouldnt be any problem. make a
directory
called /compat/linux/dev inside the jail, chdir to it and write: mknod null
c 2 2
Then, comment out this too in your Makefile (Line 130).

Then, try installing it again and tell me how it works. :)