Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 21:50:07 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@mi.uni-koeln.de>
To:        oZZ!!! <osa@etrust.ru>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>, hodeleri@seattleu.edu, obrien@NUXI.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net, Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: No sound (Ensoniq Audio PCI 1370)

On 1999-05-27 22:12 +0400, oZZ!!! <osa@etrust.ru> wrote:

> wmsound with my card too can't work correct.
> SB 128 PCI its a PCI-device & (as i known) it must be detect as es0 + pcm1
> (not pcm0), because pcm0 reserved for ISA-device (right?). Kernel at
> boot-time detect my SB 128 PCI as es0 + pcm0...

You are using -current, and that will in fact attach the PCI card as pcm0.
Please try the following line your kernel config file:

device pcm0 at pci?

And be sure to remove any line that configures pcm0 on ISA ...

What's going on ?

I guess that after the PCI attach of es0/pcm0, the ISA probe tries to
attach an ISA card as pcm0, too, and stomps over the values filled into
the device structure for the PCI card ...

But I did not have time to look into this more closer, currently it is just
an assumption based on the behaviour you describe (and I found a few days
ago ;-)

Regards, STefan