Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:22:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up: src/games/boggle (tm) will soon be removed from repository

> > So you decided against running the committer (a committer is a type
> > of shell interpreter ;-)) script that I posted that would have
> > accomplished the rename without this type of damage?
>
> Yes, that's right.  Terry, choose your battles, OK?  This is a stupid
> bloaty game that nobody plays even when they can find it.  If it
> were renamed, nobody would find it if they looked for it, which they
> wouldn't.

This is the type of justification that begs for someone to point out
to the first company to threaten a trademark case against a so-called
"important part of the system" that:

	"Clearly your request is not being taken as seriously as
	 Parker Brother's request, since all they did was change
	 the name for you, but for Parker Brothers, they actually
	 removed the infringing code".

Just so we are all clear on the precedent for what any future trademark
claimants can require as "reasonable, sufficient, and historically
precedented action" on FreeBSD's part.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---