Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:27:56 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resuming downloads

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:53:04PM +0100, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> >From what I've read, any browser and server that conforms to the http
> 1.1 spec should allow resuming of downloads.

Well, there is a difference between should and could. This is a
feature for the client to initiate, not something for the server.
Therefor, the server should support it for sure, while the client
may support it.

The browsers you've mentioned don't support it, while wget and
fetch do.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org