Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 09:39:01 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Mannino Giovanni <magi@netwings.ch>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.0

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 11:31:43PM +0000, Mannino Giovanni wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have in my pc installed FreeBSD 3.0..with all KDE packges...but when i
>
> click on help
> on KDE manager..nothing compares to me...  Why?

I think you should ask the kde development this question. I don't think
it is freebsd involved in that.

> Then i have installed some programs like Gimp and others...but they are
> not
> there..
> where they are..and how can i get them?

How did you install? From the ports, or? If you fetched programs
yourself, and run ./configure on them they might not have the same
defaults for installed programs as FreeBSD has. Read the README files
that are in the source directory for that program. It's always good to
read all kind of README INSTALL and so files. They are there to make
things easier.

> How can i collegate  to internet?
> how can i configure my sounblaster AWE 64?

You look at
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.txt

> I'm NEW in FreeBSD....and i hope You can help me
>
> I was thinking to buy the big book about FreeBSD...You thing that can
> help
> me?
>

> Thank You a LOT
>

> Mannino Giovanni

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
.. Oh, wait a minute, he already does."