Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:08:46 -0400
From:      "Jonathan M. Slivko" <optix@nyc.rr.com>
To:        "David Campbell" <dcampbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bizarre rituals to reboot

------=_NextPart_000_00BE_01C0C41A.DFD7A7A0

I know this might a little rash, but it might work. Try doing, from
the Win98 CD, fdisk /mbr, to remove the bootmanager and then reboot.
After that, reload the Windows CD in the drive and then remove all
the drives via fdisk and then redo the FreeBSD install. I have found
that FreeBSD acts a little wierd when it doesn't have clean drives to
work with. However, i'm not guaranteeing that this will fix the
problem, this is just what i've learned over the few years that i've
been running FreeBSD as a server operating system.=20

- -- Jonathan M. Slivko

~~~~
Jonathan M. Slivko <optix@nyc.rr.com>
Systems Administrator, DataSyrge Internet Services
IRC Operator, AsylumNet IRC Network
Pager: (917) 388-5304
Website: http://home.nyc.rr.com/optix/
(PGP Key @ http://home.nyc.rr.com/optix/jslivko.asc)