Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 00:09:41 +0200
From:      Tim Priebe <tim@iafrica.com.na>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

I saw such behavior Sunday when trying to implement a new firewall. The
system would repeatedly panic with a trap 12. This would happen
immediatelly after the login prompt appeared after the previous panic.
The system would be stable, if I removed the first ethernet cable, plug
the cable back in, and a short while later it would start over again.
It was late, and we had to get the system working again, so we restored
to the previous system. I have some information logged for packets at
the time. I will check this and try to reproduce after I finish the
course I am on this week.

Tim.