Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:38:51 -0100
From:      Gianluca Bigagli <geb@nettuno.it>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems

I've just installed FreeBSD v2.1 as released by Walnut Creek, and I've
some problems:

 1) My Creative Labs 6X ATAPI CDROM often don't works: this happens
    randomly in appareance without a cause. I'm using a California
    Graphics Sunray II Rev.D PCI mainboad with a Pentium 75, 256K
    SyncBurstPipeline cache, on board PCI IDE controller with an HP
    1600 A harddisk on channel one and the CDROM on channel two, both
    as master. When CDROM don't work FreeBSD don't see all 2nd channel.

 2) Something, after using FreeBSD, I loose half of 16MB memory after
    rebooting. I must reset the computer to make see all memory to BIOS.
    This happens only rebooting from FreeBSD. No problems using MsDos or
    Windows 95.

 3) Sometimes system hangs up after a startx. This happens after opening
    and closing X lots of times. I'm using Xinside drivers v1.2 with a
    Cirrus Logic 5436 (I'm waiting v1.3, because v1.2 only supports until
    5434...).

 4) How can I upgrade my system to CURRENT-stable FreeBSD?

Thanks, GEB.

--

| Gianluca Bigagli / The | Internet: geb@nettuno.it  (GLuB Group Site/ETI040)|
| 50047 Prato    / Group | CBMNet..: geb@glub.adsp.sub.org  \  Riders     \  |