Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:50:38 -0400
From:      Danny Dulai <nirva@ishiboo.com>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-10 Mouse Remote patch

> I have looked at your patch and X10's web site.  I know Amacio has
> already committed the change to the source tree.  But, I would like to
> know if we can make `moused' to detect the device automatically.
>
> Do you know if the device supports PnP COM device standard?  What if
> you start `moused' like the following when you connect it to a serial
> port? What does it print?
>
> 	moused -d -i all -p /dev/cuaa0

moused: cannot determine mouse type on /dev/cuaa1

When I use the x10remote type for moused, it seems to be a bit more jerky
(but faster) than if I use microsoft. Any reason why?

Randall, your moused patches will send the non mouse related data to the
/var/run/MouseRemote socket, so I think that maybe I'll tackle this by
writing remoted to read the socket instead of having remoted feeding
moused. That sound good?

I like the notion of being able to 'select' an application and then the
bulk of keys can go there. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Also, I've noticed something weird.. just randomly, since I've been
running moused on the remote, my mouse cursor will jump around. Might I
be getting RF interference? I live right off of Broadway in downtown
NYC.. there is all kinds of things going on outside, and sometimes my
speakers will just start picking up people's conversations on what seems
to be radio tranmissions.

Any ideas to stop my pointer from being moved around randomly?  It doesnt
seem to change the channel when the TV is on, or play with the volume
or anything.. its just the mouse. Maybe something wrong with moused?