Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:10:54 -0500
From:      Chris Griffiths <cgriffiths@dca.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Issues on Sony Z505JE

Hello,

I am running 4.4-stable built as of yesterday.  I have been unable to
get my sound card to work using either form and also enabling sound
modules:

device 		pcm
device 		csa

If I try to play an MP3 using mpg123 I get the following message in
/var/log/messages:
/kernel: pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

I also tried playing wavfiles and get feedback and then nothing, and
movies using xanim get no sound at all.

I have searched the archives and found some people saying this is a bug
and saw one pr

for a bug on a IBM A20 with a similar problem that was fixed by adding
the device csa into kernel config.

This however did not solve my problem.

Here is a cat of /dev/sndstat:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov 11 2001 00:27:47
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> at memory 0xfecf0000 irq 9 (4p/2r/0v
channels duplex)

Here is dmesg:

pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> mem 0xfecf0000-0xfecf7fff irq 9 at device
9.0 on pci0

Any help with getting my sound back and working would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Chris