Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:39:15 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Dr. Brain" <drbrain@segment7.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.0

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Dr. Brain wrote:
> I am having trouble getting my mouse to behave properly under XF86-4.0
>
> I installed it out of the ports tree, ran xf86config and told the mouse
> driver to use port /dev/sysmouse and protocol "Microsoft" (I have a
> Logitech Trackman Marble +) turned off chordmiddle and emulate3button
> just like for XF86-3.x.
>
> Now the mouse cursor appears in the center of the screen, then the moment
> I move the mouse it jumps to the upper left corner and refuses to budge.
> (It jerks out of the corner if I wiggle it enough, but always returns.)
>
> I also have plugged in a standard microsoft (two mutton) mouse, but it
> also exhibited the same problem.
>
> Any hints?

Here's a copy of my mouse settings from /etc/X11/XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier  "Mouse0"
 Driver      "mouse"
 Option      "Protocol" "auto"
 Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
 Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Works great for me, hope it helps you. (The ZAxisMapping is to get my
wheel working).

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??