Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:24:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@csua.berkeley.edu>, isp@freebsd.org, Chad Shackley <chad@gaianet.net>
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Steve wrote:

> I dont know why people are bashing the 2501's - with an access list

Because "you can get a lot more performance for the same amount of money
using FreeBSD and sync serial cards".

> active, my router stats on one of my T-1s has at times shown thruput very
> close the to max a T-1 one can handle going full guns.

You seem to be saying that people should buy 2501s because, after all,
they work.  Well, so do other products and some of those other products
are cheaper.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015