Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:12:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FireWire Device Driver

hihi.

I was reading back emails of -hackers from like july '99 and a guy from
Japan had been working on a very promising FireWire device driver ...
Anyway, the other night I had picked up a really awesome book that goes
into detail on FireWire and had basically decided to work on it myself
(until I realized someone had already started work on it!)... However, the
last email that was seemingly sent regarding this issue was one by jkh in
which he gives a major value for the device driver,... and asks when it
should be ready for use with -current.  I have emailed the guy from japan
and have received no response... so I am wondering if anyone else knows
what's up with the firewire situation and whether I should go ahead and
pick up work on it?

Andrew