Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:31:38 -0800
From:      Daniel Pflager <dpflag@ix.netcom.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Packages for Older Releases

Hi,

I'm running 2.1, and am extremely happy. No compelling reason to upgrade at the moment (especially since the "upgrade" installation option is pretty rough still).

However, there are a variety of packages/ports that have appeared in Current etc. that we need. I went ahead and re-ported them, and now have functional ports for these older versions.

Would it me of any value to submit them for inclusion as part of the older version? Obviously, I'm not the only one out there who wants newer versions of ports/packages, but doesn't want to install a completely new OS to get them?

How would I submit them?

Dan.