Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:21:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Russian's laws

Hi,

>From what was quoted so far, it seems that the Russian
government requires software to be certified if it is
being used to handle "state secrets" (and other kinds
of restricted information of the government) and to
drive "environmentally hazardous facilities" (which
probably includes nuclear power plants, oil refineries
and the like).

I really don't see what's the big problem with that.
Many countries have regulations like that, and I even
think that they make sense (to a certain degree).

None of the quotes I have seen so far indicate that
FreeBSD cannot be used anymore for generic purposes
in the industry, let alone in private homes.

So please stop spreading FUD and crying wolf, people.
You're definitely not doing FreeBSD a favour.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind."
        -- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97