Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:09:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd to DNS2

This should be a fun one. I've got an NT box on my private network,
192.168.1.88, which I'd like to use as my secondary DNS (it's running
now). I have a valid external IP from @home but I'd like to just port this
IP through natd. In my natd.conf I have:
n dc0
unregistered_only
#use sockets no

redirect_address       192.168.1.88            24.19.xxx.xxx <- my new IP
redirect_address       reagan                  <@home given computer name>

log yes

The first problem is I don't know how to test if the packets are going
where they need to. The second problem is if I run this the .88 can't get
out to the Internet. Any ideas whay I'm doing wrong or how to test a
secondary DNS from outside the network?

David
Software Engineer - NetManage
Work email: david.daugherty@netmanage.com