Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:37:19 -0800
From:      Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Background Fsck

Kirk McKusick wrote:

> fsck time is minimal. It would be possible to make background chacking
> of the root happen by default and have the administrator add the `F'
> flag to the passno if they wanted to force a background check.

  Which I will do on all of my personal machines immediately after this
is committed.  This is a wonderful piece of work.  I am very excited
about adding fast reboots to the lovely consistency guarantees of
FFS/soft updates.  This eliminates my primary need for a journaled file
system under FreeBSD.

  Nice one.

Thanks,

--